Saturday, February 14, 2009

International Day

The BIG one.... whatever any rugby supporter, Welsh or otherwise, may say beating the English is what it is about. God only knows why, and the logical side of me says that it is only a step onto greater things [6 Nations, World cup... I can dream], but the passion that is the 'Hwyl' will not let me feel anything else.

In days of yore, this day would be
1, full breakfast in pub at bottom of town,
2, amble to clubhouse at top of town,
3, drink, debate selection,
4, watch match, shout at telly as if ref can hear you personally,
5, drink more
6, watch 2nd half having already forgotten most of first half
7. drink
8, celebrate great win or blame poor referreeing for loss.
9. did I mention drink??

Post match drinking then ensued around pubs in town until stomach thought it's throat had been cut...

I am glad to say I did this in a time of very little hooliganism and the main occupation after the match was to sing songs as recognisably as possible.

Nowadays it is much the same only the town location is changed and the drinking is much reduced... but the emotions are still there..

So replica playing shirt on my back and armed with statistics to annoy English pub Landlord I will once again tread a well worn traditional path....

CYMRU AM BYTH......

1 comment:

gemmak said...

What does 'CYMRU AM BYTH' actually mean?