Friday, September 10, 2010

Stress

One of the things about working in the Caring services in the UK at times like this is the stress levels ratchet up by several levels.


The people who control budgets seem to think that making numbers add up is the 'be all and end all'. Sadly as the people who grind away at the 'coal face' of care work know that delivering a quality service is not like that at all. We see the human face of care, and the damage that can be inflicted by random or global slashes to budgets.... no-one asks us what should be done , because they won't like the answer that is forthcoming.


By nature I am a laid back sort of guy, my recent brush with mortality has served to accentuate that feature of my personality...so it came as a shock to me that, when, on my recent short sun worshipping break, I found that I was feeling the physical symptoms of tension/stress for the 1st 24 hours....If this can happen to me with the years and years of experiences I have and the laid back attitude I have in general... God Help those who are stress aware and react in response to stressors...the next couple of years will be no fun for those folks I would guess....


For those who can... I can recomend a week in Benidorm with frequent visits to 'THE WESTERN SALOON' on the Calle Gerona.... Rock music for all tastes, brilliant atmosphere, nice folks reasonably priced beer!! However, even before the cuts this is not avaliable on the NHS !!



The Blues being played in the Western Saloon.... one of nature's destressors

No comments: