Tuesday, March 3, 2009

6 random things.......

I've been tagged by @Gemmak500 to do the 'six random things about me' meme, haven't done this sort of thing before so here goes nothing...

The rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up

1. Weight. I am overweight, to put it mildly. Truth is I'm fat. This is a situation that has haunted me all my life from a teenager, I have had periods where I was not fat, and periods when I was skinny [only to be told I looked ill !!] and periods when I was 'chubby' [WTF is that?]. I have reasons which other people call excuses, and I have recently shed 6 inches from my waist measurement. I will keep trying [more in a dedicated post]

2. Dark Eyes. from the age of 'very young' I had dark circles under my eyes, in fact 'around' my eyes would be far more accurate. This led to various nicknames 'Dai Panda', Dai Sunglasses', Dai goggles', Dai Cont [but only in Caernarfon... North Walian joke sorry folks]. In my late forties, divorced, ravaged by Chronic illness and on loads of medication, my dark circles have gone.... ? why? don't ask me I lost control of my body years ago.

3. Bodhran. I play the Irish drum. Not classicaly as in 'play a jig /reel' more as You play it and I'll back you once I've heard it. It's a surprisingly tiring and very cathartic instrument to play. As long as you remember a few basic etiquette rules it's fun at parties too.

4. Psychiatry. I have worked in Psychiatry for 33 years and can firmly say that people who make choices about their bad behaviour then blame it on their upbringing/parents/schooling/sibling/lack of favourite toy are not mentally ill. They have a disordered personality. It is not the same thing, despite what our nanny state government will have us believe.

5. Antique Maps I collect Antique Maps. I have about 35 in all at the moment, but I also love Globes as well, much more expensive though. I also have a world map I bought from IKEA. It is the size of a pub pool table [thankfully we have the wall space to hang it!]. I love all Antique stuff, but have to be choosy.

6. Useless Knowledge. I am a mine of useless facts and figures and retain stuff that will be completely redundant [unless I make a guest spot on QI ]. I don't why I do this but I do. I don't have to revise etc. usually one pass and it has been stored. Now I am not in work this stuff seems more redundant than it was before.... where is the logic in life??

As I am new to this blogging lark, I don't think I know 6 blogs to put this up to....

but http://alrighttit.blogspot.com/, http://ramblingsofblueeyes.blogspot.com/ http://girlwithaonetrackmind.blogspot.com/ are 3 that I have followed of late with some amusement and at times awe.

1 comment:

gemmak said...

Lol....#2, ditto eczema, had it all my life until my life fell apart and thne it went!

#4. Agreed...and making excuses goes no way to fixing the issues!